Each year, the Center hosts speakers from around the world to present their research, policy, and/or deployment efforts toward improving conditions in various developing regions.
Seminars in the 2008-09 academic year include:
- November 18, 2008: "Ventures to Address Global Challenges: Doing Well by Doing Good" presented by John Danner, Princeton's Dean's Visiting Professor in Entrepreneurship.
Seminars in the 2007-08 academic year included:
- April 29, 2008: "The Troubles with Air Quality in Developing Communities" presented by Kurt Paterson, Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Michigan Technological University. (view the video)
- February 12, 2008: "Gender, Technology and Development: The AIR Project" presented by S. Revi Sterling, a doctoral candidate at the ATLAS Institute at the University of Colorado, Boulder. For more details on this talk, click here.
- October 19, 2007: "The Role of Engineers in Poverty Reduction: Challenges and Opportunities" presented by Bernard Amadei, Professor, University of Colorado, Director, Engineering for Developing Communities Program, Department of Civil, Environmental & Architectural Engineering (view the video; download the slides, pdf 6MB)
Seminars in the 2006-07 academic year included:
- February 20, 2007: "Engineers Without Borders-Princeton: Engineering Connections across the Globe" presented by Andrew Lapetina '07 & Katie Lewis-LaMonica '08 (view the video; download the slides, pdf 2.7MB)
- March 6, 2007: "Providing Internet Search for Low-Connectivity Regions" presented by Bill Thies, MIT (view the video; download the slides, pdf 1.6MB)
- May 1, 2007: "Management of Wetland Waters in Africa" presented by Wolfgang Kinzelbach, ETH in Zurich (view the video; download the slides, pdf 2.3MB)
Seminars in the 2005-06 academic year included:
- "Health Technologies for the Developing World" presented by Chris Elias, PATH
- "The Digital Study Hall: An E-learning System for Improving Basic Education in Third World Countries" presented by Randy Wang, Microsoft Research, India
- "Sámi Network Connectivity" presented by Avri Doria, Independent Consultant
Join the TDR Mailing List
To hear about upcoming seminars and other news, please join the mailing list.