From last Sunday's meeting (9/17), these are the relevant developments:
- We had 3 new attendees, presumably 2 of whom want to be on the committee. (didn't catch their names)
- Election stuff: nominations due 9/28 to Katie's email for Treasurer and Committee Rep. We'll hold elections over Katie's email from Friday 9/29 thru the following Tues. I will send a resident-wide email advertising more explicitly the housing perk.
- The issue with outgoing mail in the high-rise is ongoing. Katie is prepared to pester in a few weeks.
- We decided at this point to not pursue encouraging Zipcar to place a car at Lawrence apartments due to other, cheaper options.
- We discussed the placement of grills around the complex, in response to Dave Young's email. We decided on keeping the ones b/w Bldgs 10/11; putting another couple of grills behind Bldg 14, and by the playground (?), and perhaps getting rid of the old tables under the trees by the high-rise and having 2 grills and 2 nice tables.
- For Tara's beginning of the year event, which occurred last night, we provided desserts worth about $120.
- For our own event, on Oct. 5th at 6pm, we have divided the labor
thusly: Me: buns, chips, hotdogs, burgers, charcoal, lighter fluid,
sodas, paper supplies, plasticware, cups. Katie: alcohol Tamas:
We are hoping to pull this event off for $300.
- Our next meeting is still up in the air b/c we are trying to accomodate a visit from Patty Smith.