Recently in Minutes Category

April Meeting Minutes

| No Comments

Items discussed:

A) Laundry Machine Cleaning

Facilities will be contacted regarding the complaints about the mold growing in the washers of Building 1.

B) Garden Opening & Social Event

Together with the garden opening, the committee will organize an ice cream event (possibly this or next Saturday).

Attendance:

Dima Gorenshteyn

Burcin Cakir

Sema Berkiten

Allison Chaney

Yavuz Yetim

Andra Geana



March Meeting Minutes

| No Comments

Items discussed:

A)Vending Machine
An additional vending machine(snack) will be placed in Lawrence 1 building.

B)Garden
The garden will be prepared for the spring. The committee will also request a repairment for the fence.

B)Social Event
Together with the garden opening, there will be an ice cream event for Lawrence residents in the second week of April.

D)WiFi Improvement
OIT will be contacted regarding the recent WiFi problems in some buildings.

Attendance:
Allison Chaney
Sema Berkiten
Dima Gorenshteyn
Yavuz Yetim
Olivia Martel
Burcin Cakir
Andra Geana
Joseph D'Silva

February Meeting Minutes

| No Comments
Items discussed:

A) Shuttles Addition of weekend shuttles does not look feasible right now. Regarding the request about busses that go to the gym at certain hours(during weekdays), the committee may contact to GSG.

B)Vending Machines The possibilty of having vending machines in new Lawrence will be explored.

Attendance:
Dima Gorenshteyn
Sema Berkiten
Burcin Cakir
Olivia Martel
Allison Chaney
Yavuz Yetim
Andra Geana

January Meeting Minutes

| No Comments
Items discussed:

A) Cardio Room
Having a cardio room may not be feasible. However, the committee will ask whether it is possible to add extra busses that go to the gym at certain hours.

B)Weekend Shuttles
Addition of shuttles to the campus that run during weekends (or extra stops for saturday shoppers) will be requested.

C)Snow Shovels:
When it snows, community snow shovels will be available to the residents at different places(two in front of the white cabin near the dumpster, two in front of Lawrence 1, and two in front of the bus station).

Attendance:
Allison Chaney
Joseph D'Silva
Dima Gorenshteyn
Burcin Cakir
Sema Berkiten
Yavuz Yetim
Olivia Martel

December 2013 Minutes

| No Comments
Meeting Minutes:
Shuttles on weekends? Would be nice, so lets nag the University, and make a shuttle to make our point that they're needed.

Shopping carts: probably time to send out another email asking people to bring them back.

Lawrence social email list, a voluntary list to chat and invite people for social gatherings. Let's ask the university to set one up, and do it in Google Groups if the University one is a hassle.

Buying games for game night. Sounds like a good idea, and affordable. Let's do it. Jason can do this if you give him a budget.

Ice: frozen walkways could use some extra attention.

Attandence:

Jason Brodsky 
Joseph D'Silva
Dima Gorenshteyn
Dan Collins
Nate Cheney
Cagin Ararat
Andra Geana
Tom Morrell
Yavuz Yetim
Sukret Hosdemil
Burcin Cakir
Sema Berkiten
Firdevs Ulus
Melissa Fei

November 2013 Minutes

| No Comments
Topics covered:
- Election for Temporary position: Dan Collins wins interim social chair
- Planning committee for election in December: Sarah, Jason?, Melissa
- Reviewed constitution for election procedures

Important upcoming dates for Lawrence Committee elections:
- Dec 3rd @ 8PM: deadline for declaring candidacy
- Dec 5th @ 8PM: deadline for switching positions in election
- Dec 5th @ 8PM- Dec 9th @ 8PM: deadline for email ballots
       Submit votes to Melissa (see Lawrence Committee email for address)
- Dec 10th @ 6PM:  Public candidate statements and in-person voting
       Winners declared that evening


Attendance:
Olivia Martel
Dima Gorenshteyn
Andra Geana
Sarah Grady
Melissa Fei
Burcin Cakir
Dan Collins
Yavuz Yetim
Allison Chaney

October 2013 Minutes

| No Comments
We continue investigating the prospect of putting a snack machine in Lawrence. by the way, if you didn't know, there's a drink machine already in Lawrence 1.

Daniell Rowles, our social chair, has graduated. We are looking into running a special election to replace her. This might appeal to those looking to establish experience in advance of December's elections.

First social event: pumpkin carving, on Tuesday 10/29, probably at 6pm.

Later social events: perhaps cookie decorating for the winter holidays? We'll plan more in November.

Andra reports the traffic light leaving Lawrence has been having very long (timed at 4 minutes or more) wait times.  Olivia will follow up with her records from when this occurred before.

Recycling: Dima is waiting for someone from the GSG to give him the flyers. Jason will contact Office of Sustainability to see if they can bring electronics recycling bins to Lawrence.

Garden: Should the garden be tilled any time soon?

Attendance:
Olivia Martel
Dima Gorenshteyn
Andra Geana
Sarah Grady
Dan Collins
Jason Brodsky
Tom Morrell
Yavuz Yetim
Vijay Kumar

September 2013 Minutes

| No Comments
Items for discussion:
A. Welcome party
Tue 17 Sep 2013 5.30pm. Public safety will be present to do bike registrations. FREE FOOD. Olivia needs help with logistics.

B. Social events
Budget = $900 for the academic year. But we can ask GSG for more money. Allison: For smaller events people tend to come get food leave; doesn't promote socialization. Verdict: spend a week to think about it. Email followup.

C. Recycling event
For disseminating information about recycling at Lawrence, composting etc. Contacting Office of Sustainability re: e-waste. Dima: there is already apparently supposed to be action taken (getting updates from GSG meeting tomorrow). Turn it into a social event? - Inconvenient Truth screening etc. Allison volunteered to make flyers/fridge magnets.

D. Wifi upgrading
If they enter individual apartments for work, residents are supposed to receive PERSONAL emails. Spotty wifi, possibly related to upgrading work (projected to be done inOctober); to be monitored. Trying not to bug OIT with complaints/requests.

E. Meeting times
Second Tuesdays 6pm.

F. Drink/snack vending machines
There's a drinks machine in Law 1, but it doesn't work. Olivia to ask Facilities about possible snack machine.

Attendance:
Olivia Martel
Allison Chaney
Dima Gorenshteyn
Andra Geana
Sema Berkiten
Sarah Grady
Jeongseok Lee
Joseph D'Silva
Guangyong Koh

May 2013 Minutes

| No Comments

There is a Lawrence BBQ planned for Thursday, June 6. Keep your eyes out for advertisement.

A car wash hose to be put out for use by residents.

Attendance:

Jason Brodsky

Yavus Yetim

Dmitry Gorenshteyn

Daniell Rowles

Andra Geana

Allison Chaney

March 2013 Minutes

| No Comments
OIT upgraded the wireless network in Lawrence.
Successfully put in a quick fix, and planning to return this summer to make a permanent fix. Should take 3 weeks in August.  This fix won't be a technological upgrade, just tidying the installation up.  This will likely involve moving the antenna units from living rooms into bedrooms. Service should be as good or better.  They are planning to be very accommodating about working in residents' rooms. They may install some more units, which may improve service.

**Any feedback about wireless service would be helpful now, because it would be nice to have before the upgrade is made permanent.

Social events:
Another movie night is possible?

Garden:
Allison is prepping the garden for the spring.  The fence could use some improvements--Olivia will touch base with Chris Warkala.

GSG:
Dima suggested to the GSG that we get a porter's lodge in Lawrence. GSG response was that we might share Grad College or Lakeside's porter's lodge.

More broadly on packages and porters:
We're very unlikely to get funding for a porter's lodge, but what other ways can we solve problems like:
Secure package delivery
Vacuum cleaner distribution
Movie collection?

Perhaps residents can be part-time porters?

Attendance:
Attendence:
Yavus Yetim
Jason Brodsky
Andra Geana
Sarah Grady
Dima Gorenshteyn
Allison Chaney
Olivia Martel
Dave Morreale (OIT)
Nettie Pyne

Random Tip

  • Use the bike racks to lock your bike. Bikes locked to trees, light poles, etc. will be removed.
  • See more neighborly reminders.

Random FAQ