Automatic generation of thumbnails restored!

| 2 Comments

This is no April Fool’s joke.

I have been trying, without success, to get the ImageMagick Perl module to compile and install on the server ever since we rebuilt the system on December 21. This module is required for the automatic generation of thumbnails via the Upload File dialog box, accessed via the left sidebar link in the admin interface.

However, Movable Type also provides hooks for another back-end image generator called NetPBM. I had also tried a few times to install and configure this module. Tonight I finally met with success.

PUBS logo

The linked image of the PUBS logo in this entry is an example of a pop-up window with an auto-generated thumbnail.

2 Comments

I put in an entry, the first since DST started, and although the post time show correctly when the URL above is viewed:

Posted by Dan at 10:05 PM | Permalink

sites that read the XML show the time as an hour later:

<Via IE 7> No News Is Good News Yesterday, April 09, 2006, 11:13:12 PM - Dan

The HTML on the XML-rendered page shows the time in ZULU and it's clearly an hour off, since I did publish the page around 10:05 PM EDT not 11:05 EDT (and updated it around 10:13). Looks like MT is setting the Zulu time using EST as if we were in parts of Indiana.

<published>2006-04-10T03:05:59Z</published>
<updated>2006-04-10T03:13:12Z</updated>

Great catch, Dan. I will look into this and try to correct it some time this week.

This may require contacting MT support and awaiting a response; however, I will first try to troubleshoot this on my own.

Recent Entries

Expired guest accounts
[09 Aug 2011] A few dozen non-Princeton users are using the Guest Account Provisioning Service to access the blog admin interface.…
Syntax highlighting disabled
[16 Jun 2011] By default, Movable Type template editing screens load a JavaScript that dynamically adds line numbers and color-coding to the code…
RSS feeds and Roxen CMS
[21 Apr 2011] Some University organizations with sites in both Roxen CMS and blogs.princeton.edu have tried to use Roxen’s RSS component…
Brief outage 3/28, Mon. morning
[25 Mar 2011] There will be a brief emergency outage of the blogs.princeton.edu server on Monday, March 28. It will be…