A bit about this resource:
"The Oxford History of Western Music online offers an
unmatched account of the evolution of Western classical music by one of
the most prominent and provocative musicologists of our time, Richard
Taruskin. Since its original publication in print [in 2005 and subsequent reissue in 2009-10], Taruskin's landmark
study has received universal acclaim and numerous awards." More information is available on the home page of the electronic version and also from the Oxford University Press here.
- The full text from The Oxford History of Western Music (2009 edition) with notes, bibliographies, and further readings for all 69 chapters.
- 500 illustrations, 1,800 musical examples, and index from the 2009 print edition.
- More than 1,700 editorially-selected links to relevant entries in Grove Music Online.
- Sophisticated search and browse options for easy navigation of the text, and the original pagination from the 2009 edition is retained to aid location of references.
- Printer-friendly format.
- Export citations automatically to ProCite™, EndNote™, Reference Manager™, RefWorks™, and Zotero™.
- DOIs (data object identifiers) and static URLs.