“…explore Nature Education’s Scitable, a free online science library published by editors at Nature Publishing Group. Scitable is used every day by thousands of faculty, graduate students, researchers, and science writers. Scitable is a scientist-authored, cutting-edge learning resource you can recommend with confidence.”
- Essentials of Genetics, a free course on the basic concepts of genetics, featuring high quality animations, clear explanations, and links to biographies and research papers.
- 30+ new Readings on important topics in genetics, each written and reviewed by leading researchers and filled with links to research milestones.
- Scitable Classrooms, a free online research space that teaching faculty can create in less than 5 minutes. Scitable Classrooms include news feeds, reading lists, and threaded discussions. Watch our “how to” video that shows faculty how to set up a classroom
From today’s email: Nature Publishing Group [Nature.Publishing.Group@information.nature.com]
OpenHelix Resource Newsletter today proclaims the launch of an open access search and learn portal: openhelix.com web site to help researchers find the most relevant of the thousands of databases and analysis tools.
From their “About’ page:
OpenHelix allows “More efficient use of the most relevant resources means quicker and more effective research. OpenHelix empowers researchers by
- providing a search portal to find the most relevant genomics resource and training on those resources.
- distributing extensive and effective tutorials and training materials on the most powerful and popular genomics resourcs.
- contracting with resource providers to provide comprehensive, long-term training and outreach programs.”
There is a blog. There is a newsletter to which one is free to subscribe.
“Scitable is a free, high quality online science reference library brought to you by Nature Publishing Group (NPG).
Scitable currently covers the field of genetics, and will be expanding across other sciences over the next year. Scitable’s content is commissioned and edited by editors at NPG, and peer-reviewed by the scientific community, so it is reliable, exhaustively researched, and carefully developed.
As journalists around the world of science have been writing recently, Scitable is the definitive online source for credible and comprehensive scientific information for non-scientists. ”
Source: email from Nature Publishing Group, July 28, 2009.