About

dr danaHello! I’m Dana Sheridan (a.k.a. Dr. Dana), creator of Pop Goes the Page. I’m also the Education & Outreach Coordinator of the Cotsen Children’s Library at Princeton University. The story time projects you see on this blog are from Tiger Tales, one of Cotsen’s weekly programs. But you’ll find content from Cotsen’s other programs as well.

I’m an educator, artist, book fanatic, and mother of two. I received my Master’s and Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from the University of Virginia. My degrees focused on individual differences in learning and how children learn in informal, free-choice learning environments. Over the years, I’ve designed programs for a variety of institutions – a children’s hospital, special collections libraries, a historical society, a science center, and a major city zoo.

Our story time programs, projects, and posts wouldn’t be possible without the invaluable assistance of Princeton University undergraduates and my part-time assistant Katie (Cotsen’s Curatorial Assistant, Ian often gets wrangled into things too). They’ve cheerfully and expertly cut, stapled, glued, decorated, and posed their way through hundreds of projects. I thank you!

I’d also like to thank Michael Muzzie, Senior Web Developer at Princeton University for his fantastic guidance, troubleshooting abilities, clever workarounds, and willingness to pursue special requests such as floating glossary windows and thumbnail links.

Finally, three cheers for Michael LaRiccia, the talented artist who created the artwork for our header. Awesome (as always) Mike!

Photo by Minjie Chen