About

dr danaHello! I’m Dana Sheridan (a.k.a. Dr. Dana), creator of Pop Goes the Page. I’m also the Education & Outreach Coordinator of the Cotsen Children’s Library at Princeton University. The story time projects you see on this blog are from Tiger Tales, one of Cotsen’s weekly programs. But you’ll find content from Cotsen’s other programs as well.

I’m an educator, artist, story teller, book fanatic, and mother of two. I received my Master’s and Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from the University of Virginia. My degrees focused on individual differences in learning and how children learn in informal, free-choice learning environments. Over the years, I’ve designed programs for a variety of institutions – a children’s hospital, special collections libraries, a historical society, a science center, and a major city zoo.

Our story time programs and projects wouldn’t be possible without the invaluable assistance of Princeton University undergraduates. They’ve cheerfully and expertly cut, stapled, glued, and decorated their way through hundreds of projects. I thank you!

I’d also like to thank Michael LaRiccia, the talented artist who created the artwork for our header. Awesome (as always) Mike!

Photo by Minjie Chen