Oh my…has it really been a year? It has! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pop Goes the Page! It all started with this post. Then we hit 50 posts. And Monday’s story time project was actually our 100th post! Can I get a woo-wee?
I’m also delighted to announce our birthday contest winner! Preschool teacher Melissa Holt crafted the lovely birthday poster you see above. Not only is it a big pink tissue paper cupcake, it is a big pink tissue paper cupcake with a re-purposed paper bag bottom. I like me some cupcakes, and I like me some recycling.
But wait! There’s more! Sticking out of the red balloon is a little tab that says “Lift.”
And the front of the balloon lifts to reveal the words “Happy Birthday!” Super cute!
The crowning touch, however, is a small arrow tab at the bottom of the cupcake…
Push the arrow and a flaming birthday candle rises from the top of the cupcake! YES!
Congrats Melissa and THANK YOU to everyone who sent birthday wishes. Here’s to another year of creative literacy & library love!
Just a quick post to remind you that our birthday contest ends tomorrow at 5pm!
Send us some birthday well-wishes (a card, a photo, a cupcake delivery, a custom-made rhinestone encrusted hot glue glue) and you could win a $150 online shopping spree at Discount School Supply (which is where I get most of the awesome arts & crafts supplies I use for my story time projects).
Who doesn’t need a big ‘ol delivery of art supplies I ask? Stock up your art room or blow the entire spree on jumbo rainbow pom-poms. Or 20lbs of glitter. Totally up to you. You can see all the contest details here.
That luscious chocolate cupcake, by the way, was a gift from our friends at The Bent Spoon, an amazing local bakery and gelato shop. Their cupcakes are legendary. So is their dark chocolate sorbet. Num num num. Thanks guys!
Pop Goes the Page turns 1 in August, and we’re celebrating with a birthday contest! Here’s how it works. Send us your artistic birthday well-wishes, and the selected winner will receive a $150 online shopping spree at Discount School Supply!
The birthday wishes can take the form of a card, photo, adorable cupcake, artistic sculpture, song – whatever you desire. Behold, for example, our crafty little cake slice above. But before you take a bite, look closer. It’s actually stacked sponges iced with shaving cream (because nothing says “birthday” like Barbarsol).
Entries for the Pop Goes the Page birthday contest must arrive by Friday, July 25th at 5pm. The winner will be featured in our Friday, August 1st post. Complete contest details are below!
Ze Rules & Regulations
- While anyone can send us lovely birthday wishes, this contest only applies to residents of the 48 contiguous United States.
- 1 submission per person please.
- Open to readers of all ages – be you 9 or 99.
- The $150 spree must be spent in the “Arts & Crafts” section of the Discount School Supply’s site/catalog (don’t worry, the section is over 100 pages long).
- The spree only applies to in-stock items. Items marked with a truck symbol are not eligible for the spree. The $150 prize cannot be applied towards a larger purchase.
- Images that include children must be accompanied by a signed Princeton University photo release form for each child.
- Digital entries should be e-mailed to: email@example.com Please make sure that images are a maximum height/width of 15″ and 72dpi.
- Physical entries can be mailed to:
Princeton University Library
Attn: Dana Sheridan
1 Washington Road
Princeton NJ 08544
- If you’re local, please feel free to drop your entry off at the Cotsen Children’s Library.
- Entries cannot be returned. We reserve the right to photograph or present the entries however we like (but we’ll make sure they look fabulous).
- Entries must arrive by Friday, July 25th at 5pm.
- The winning entry will be featured in our Friday, August 1st post.
- Please be sure to include a name, address, e-mail and/or phone number so we can contact you!