Bicycle Plants (No Fish)
Prof. Charlotte Jacobs
[dedicated to Annea Lockwood]
Music 500 (Graduate Seminar)
Prose Writing for Composers
Earlier this semester, we all listened to and wrote commentaries on the (then) three most recent CDs published by New World Records. Recently I had occasion to look them up on iTunes. Results:
- Presented with a name search of “Mathew Rosenblum,” iTunes showed the new New World CD Circadian Rhythms.
- Presented with a name search of “Robert Carl,” iTunes showed the new New World CD From Japan.
- Presented with a name search of “Annea Lockwood,” iTunes showed several other CDs but not the recent New World CD In Our Name.
- And for “Annea Lockwood In Our Name,” again nothing.
- Puzzling: Lockwood’s was published in June, the others later. Why is it missing?
- Responding to a search for “In Our Name,” iTunes delivers the CD, In Our Name, listed as having been authored “by various artists.”
Essay Question: Explain the above in the space. Be sure to use proper practice for citation and attribution.