As a continuation of our series on our 2011 Annual Report, please see a description of major activities in accessioning of Public Policy Papers:
The Public Policy Papers processed 40 accessions (227 linear feet) in FY11. Highlights include:
- American Civil Liberties Union Accruals
- James A. Baker Papers Accrual
- Council on Foreign Relations Accrual
- Project on Ethnic Relations Records (including over 8 GB of electronic records)
- Norman Ryder Papers
- Kristen Timothy Papers
- Margaret Tutwiler Journals
- Elmer Werner Papers
Our revised accessioning procedures, begun in 2008, continue to be employed. This requires a baseline level of processing for everything received at the library and continues to require a substantial amount of work on accessioning new material. As such, we continue to count the linear footage total above as processed material.
Stay tuned for further discussion of our 2011 work involving accessioning of University Archives, digital projects, records management, collection development, exhibitions, and more.