As a continuation of our series on our 2011 Annual Report, please see a description of major activities in accessioning of University Archives:
In FY11, the University Archives accessioned 162 collections or items, a total 185.11 linear feet of records. Highlights include:
- A 1765 document signed by Richard Stockton when he served as a trustee of the college
- A wide range of reunion material from alumni
- Audio recordings of WPRB‘s broadcast of the Vietnam War teach-in
- Auxiliary to the Isabella McCosh Infirmary Records
- Log of Princeton Scientific Expedition of 1866 by Walter Lowrie Hervey ‘1886
- Office of Government Affairs Records, Princeton Plasma Physics Lab Files
- Photographs of dance at Princeton collected by Professor Ze’eve Cohen
- Princeton in Africa Records
- The Dr. and Mrs. Arnold S. Breitbart Collection on Moe Berg
All accessions received in FY2011 have been formally accessioned, but description of University Archives accessions fell several months behind in 2011 due to staffing levels. We have developed a plan that will allow for the description of all 2011 University Archives accessions by fall 2011.
Lynn Durgin also created a greatly expanded section on the Mudd website regarding transfers and donations to the University Archives including new inventory templates.
Stay tuned for further discussion of our 2011 work involving other technical services activities, digital projects, records management, collection development, exhibitions, and more.