The WordPress service is supported and monitored during University business hours only. Please consider this when choosing WordPress.
Blog sites are only available for University organizations and faculty projects. Blogs must adhere to the Princeton University Information Technology Resources Guidelines for Use.
As long as a site in our managed WordPress environment is active and does not violate University policies, we will continue to host that site. However, if a site has been inactive for three (3) years, we reserve the right to remove it from our servers.
This service includes:
- Themes: A choice of select themes that have been vetted and include University required elements.
- Theme editing: The ability to edit the theme through the CSS editor in the web interface.
- Plugins: A choice of select plugins which have been vetted for reliability, security, and supportability.
- Security: The system was built with security in mind. It is updated and patched in a timely manner. Access to the MySQL databases is not permitted.
If there is a theme or plugin that you do not see in the system, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll consider adding it for a fee. The theme must have a responsive layout and must not have a license that requires payment (premium theme).
When building your blog site, refer to the University's Website Requirements.
This service is not for:
- Individual student or staff blogs.
- Redirecting your site to another site.