6 thoughts on “Dale Grieb

1. Tom Cervone

John,

Please except my condolences to you and your family.

Dale will always be on my mind and prayers. She was a special person with a great smile and we all loved her.

Take care

Tom

2. Mary Beth Friedfeld

I have been working in the CBE department for only five years, and have never worked directly with Dale. I have always found her, however, to be kind and friendly, always willing to help, even someone like me who she did not know very well. I feel priviledged to have known her.

3. Karen Oliver

First my manager, then my mentor and dear friend — I will miss everything about Dale. There is no one in the world like her — it was impossible not to love her. She had such pride in the privilege of working at Princeton, and such respect for the faculty, staff and students that make Princeton what it is. Her family was everything to her — John, Pam and Eric — but nothing lit up her eyes like when she talked about her grandchildren, Justin and Caitlyn. They were truly the light of her life. Though she left us way too soon, I will never forget the amazing person she was — and will strive to always see the best in people as she did. Heaven is a better place with Dale in it.

4. Scott Kenney

Dale was the best of colleagues and the most dedicated of friends. Over the years, her touch was on many University committees and many informal groups of colleagues and friends. All of us who knew her and counted her as a friend will miss her presence in our lives but will always remember the kind spirit that she was and her unfailing, unselfish gift of helping without being asked, of doing without seeking credit, and of simply being a good person. We were all lucky to know her.

5. Don Reichling DPS

I have worked with Dale over many years and it was always a pleasure to work with her. She was one of the hardest dedicated workers for Princeton University. Always kind and upbeat and smiling! She was a great orginizer and when I told members about who to talk to about planning emergency plans for their building I would say, see Dale! Engineering quad has it together!

Dale you will be sorely missed. My prayers go out for your family through this tough time.

6. Joe Laskow

I have had the pleasure of working with Dale the past 8 years, not only as a co-worker, but also in partnership with the SEAS Safety Program she led. Dale was not only a people-person with a great attitude, but a problem solver, innovator and facilitator as well. Her approach was not “can it be done”, but “what can be done to accomplish the task” Dale always offered a smile and I miss the morning hello and chats. You will be sorely missed. My prayers are with your family during this difficult loss.