4 thoughts on “Slobodan Ćurčić

1. James Pettifer

It was a great privilege to meet Danny when I was at Princeton ten years ago, and he was always one of the nicest and most generous members of his Faculty and a stalwart of the Hellenic Studies programme. His scholarship was always open and nuanced and his work on the history of Balkan architecture will be with us as standard work as long as the subject is studied

2. Marina Brownlee

Danny was such a learnèd and impressive scholar, whose influence will continue to be felt by his admiring and appreciative colleagues and students worldwide.

3. Amelia Brown

I am very grateful to Professor Curcic for teaching the marvelous course on Thessalonike with the trip, and opening up my field of study to Byzantine art and architecture, as well as introducing me to some wonderful friends. I’ll always recall his insightful comments on light, space and sound, and the great course on Sicily too. He was always such a thoughtful scholar and friendly person.

4. Stuart L Cohen

I studied architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the 1970s where Professor Curcic was my architectural history professor. Professor Curcic offered me a fellowship in architectural history as a graduate student, and it is to my everlasting regret that I turned down his offer. I have fond memories of Professor Curcic and his enthusiasm for his field.