6 thoughts on “Theodore Rabb

1. Raoul Bhavnani

Rest In Peace, Dr. Rabb. And wishing comfort and strength for your family in this difficult time.

2. Rita Boncompagni Ludovisi

Dr. Rabb and his wife, Tamar, requested a private tour, of our home, Villa Aurora. My husband,
    Nicoló Boncompagni Ludovisi, and I were delighted to arrange the tour. I, personally and enthusiastically , conducted the tour. We had long been admirers of Theodore Rabb, a real “rock star” in the humanities.

Beyond his ovbious achievements, he was genuinely interested in others. We spoke of my work with, Mellon Scholar, Dr. Corey Brennan, on our archival documents, which date back one thousand years. He was incredibly helpful and even joined our board of scholars, assisting me in this Herculean task.

I will always remember meeting Theodore Rabb and his lovely wife. They made an indelible impression on me. Beyond his undeniable scholarly achievements, Theodore Rabb was a good man. I send my heartfelt condolences to Tamar and his children. Their loss must be incalculable.

3. Hank Bitten

Ted was a good friend of mine and to all history and social studies teachers. His legacy will continue as we remember his contributions to the NJ Learning Standards, interdisciplinary learning, historical perspectives and the importance of visual history in pictures, film, and visiting places. Every high school teacher who used his World History books knows his gift of scholarship and engaging young minds in a love of history. He was blessed with a loving wife and family. My deepest sympathy to Tamar and his family and colleagues around the world.

4. Andrew Mytelka

I will always be grateful for Professor Rabb’s guidance on my senior thesis in 1984-85. What a kind, brilliant, and ever-patient man!

5. James Carnes

It was an absolute joy and privilege to work with Ted during my seminary studies. Continued thoughts and prayers for Tamar and the Rabb family.